Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The "old me" and Getting back on Track!

Okay ya'all---I need some motivation- So I;m calling on all of you to keep me in line! As most of you know- I have lost some weight over the past two years. In April of 2010, my family decided to go on a Biggest loser challenge. I have always struggled with my weight- as long as I can remember. Before I had graduated high school- I had been on Weight Watcher's twice, Curves, and every diet under the sun. I didn't really start losing until I moved to Arizona that June. Once there, I was about 2 hours away from any fast food, and basically had nothing to do but hike-LOL So thats what I did- and I started noticing a difference. I kept at it and started pushing myself- going on 3-5 mile hikes in the Kaibab forest almost every day...And yes I worked in the HARDEST enviroment--LOL I was a cookie seller and shake maker at Jacob Lake Inn--and to lose weight near those cookies is a near miracle! LOL That summer I went from 239-198.0---My goal was to be under 200 when my family picked me up- and I did it! So I've kept at it pretty well...I've found what works for me and honestly its not terrible...but I've learned its a life style change- I can't lose the weight and be fine- I have to ALWAYS work at it...So I've kept at it and was successful up until my wedding! LOL I don't know if its because I have nothing to lose weight for--or any time limit to lose it by, but I'm totally slacking which is NOT okay! I need to get my behind back in gear. So here's the new deal! I started the McBride challenge at 239 (Yes I have been in the 240's-but thats where I was when I started this one-The one that has changed my life!) and my goal was to lose 100lbs! The lowest I got was 145 (UGH- a mere 6 lbs. from my goal!) The day I was married I weighed 148 (Yeah, I'm not one to lose weight under stress- Total stress eater here- so I'm just grateful for that! HAHA) And I've been slacking up a storm! So here is my goal...I'm going to get back on track. Start doing my runs, walks, and exercise bike...Dang it- Jillian Michaels WILL be my BFF because I am going to start the Shred again!---Oy, and I will check back up on here every Friday--that will be weigh in day- before the weekend! Because, well duh, I still eat! Thats the key for me..I did quit Soda except for December 24-January 1 every year--because it is my love and what is Christmas without Santa Coke! But I have had little drinks here and there-so no more of that! I will quit the addiction I've had to ice cream as a reward...BUT you know what- once every two weeks will be okay!  So here is my first weigh-in, as of today I was 153--UGH I've done it before and I WILL reach my goal! So any of you out there, with awesome tips, recipes, funny stories, of words of encouragment--please --Lets chat!





So here are some pics of the "transformation?" I guess, well the before! I know its crazy but sometimes I still just see the old me--but I'm trying for the better attitude, especially when it comes to my chubby legs--HAHA We're working on it!.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Cassie! I knew you've lost a lot of weight, but I didn't know you before school started in '10, so i didn't know where you started, but your transformation that last year at EBLS was AMAZING! You're an inspiration. I too need to get my butt in gear as I am at my heaviest and also have a goal set. Keep it up! Miss ya around the school. (even tho it's summer school... :) you're still missed)

Megan Maughan said...

Cassie! You are such an inspiration!! Seriously, how did you quit drinking soda? I have tried time and time again and it is my biggest weakness! I struggled with my weight through high school, and up until after I had my first baby. I remember losing quite a bit of weight (around 40 lbs) and part of the process was not drinking pop. But between working a graveyard job and having baby #2, I got way off track and started drinking soda again and not eating as well. How do you do it? What and how often do you eat? I know what works for one doesn't always work for another, but I'm interested to see what worked so well for you. I think a big part of it is self control and motivation...both of which I'm lacking largely currently :) You go girl! You're awesome and seriously inspirational! You make me wanna go running :) (okay...maybe not running, I hate running...but maybe for a walk lol)

Elsa Mary said...

Cassie have I told you how amazing you are?! You are absolutely amazing!! We could all learn so much from you! I try to drop soda... but ya that doesn't work! I need to get more in gear and follow your example!